Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Update on the en banc review

The proponents filed a request for an en banc review of the full 9th Circuit Court.  This is not news, as we knew they would file another appeal.  I mean, why come this far and not keep filing? But really, it seems moot.  At this point, it is just to continue to delay the stay that is enacted.

Here is where you can get all your Prop. 8 updates.  I love this site.  It is run through AFER and gives all and any details you might need.

I'm not sure what to say about it at this point.  But I won't stop talking :)

1 comment:

  1. Here's the thing... I know that in order to understand why the other side is keeping up the fight, I have to think of it as if OUR side was losing. Would we give up? Have we given up? No. This is the only way I can fathom why they would still continue after losing, twice. Loving vs. Virginia took 3 years to be finalized. And the 'our side' of that situation didn't give up, ever.

    Still, it pisses me off. More so, it feels like it's personal. Like every single day that goes by and that goddamn stay is still in effect, it feels like supporters of Prop 8 are laughing at us, looking down at us, and celebrating the mere fact that we are still second to them.

    But we won't give up, ever. Full federal equality or bust! And... we will be legally married someday.

    ReplyDelete