Friday, June 26, 2015

Marriage Equality in all 50 states


This morning, marriage finally became legal for same sex couples in all 50 states. Finally. I never thought I would see it in this lifetime. Two years ago when Prop 8 was finally defeated and Federal rights were granted as DOMA was lifted I thought I had seen it all. I could marry my wife legally in California and no one could do a thing about it. But today, all 50 states of these United States of America have marriage equality. The U.S. Supreme Court had ruled and has changed the law of the land, giving freedoms and rights to those who want to love equally. My heart could explode with happiness. I have gone through bouts of tears and just the energy of having this news has made me so emotional. On this day. The day of decision for many decisions. I want to celebrate. I want to scream and honk my horn and show all my pride. And I will. I started this blog to express my thoughts and feelings in relation to oppression of being part of an underprivileged class. It just makes sense. My youngest daughter posted on IG and has been a part of this movement in her own right. We never forced views upon her but she has grown up loving all people regardless of race, religion, orientation and has learned to love. Love everyone for who they are despite differences. And today love wins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment