Friday, November 30, 2012

Day of Decision...not yet

Today we were suppose to hear from the US Supreme Court on whether or not they would take up the Prop 8 case and DOMA.  But nothing yet.  It could come as early as Monday, December 3rd or even on December 7th.  Hopefully we will hear something soon.  Patience is a virtue, but waiting is a bitch.

So tonight, I am celebrating 5 years since my first date with my lovely wife.  It was a day much like today: rainy, cold, mud everywhere.  But we had the most romantic time. The evening was filled with butterflies.  Not in the air as it was too chilly, but in our tummies.  We always giggle at that because we both were so insanely nervous.  This is where butterflies in our relationship started.  And another layer of the meaning for the sole butterfly in my ink on my arm. The catalyst for change.  The chosen direction.  Flight. Evolution. Love. Beauty. Freedom. 

My decision to be me.  My decision to live an outward life surrounded by love.  My decision to tread through the mud, the hills, any obstacle...all for the truth.  For life to be what it was meant to be.  I did not choose to be gay. I was born this way.  I made the decision to be free.

Patiently, I await the decision of the United States Supreme Court on whether they will uphold the decisions made by two previous federal courts in California that Prop 8 is unconstitutional.

No comments:

Post a Comment